Incoming mobility - Student
Accommodation and Catering Services of Masaryk University (SKM MU) is a purpose-built facility of the university that provides operation of canteens and accommodation facilities at Masaryk University (www.skm.muni.cz). International exchange students are usually accommodated in "Vinařská", "Komárov-Sladkého" or "Kounicova" halls of residence:
If you want to stay in the halls of residence of Masaryk University, you have to firstly apply in our online application and answer "yes" and mention approximate date of your arrival and departure:
The room will then be pre-booked for you and you will be informed in the late July (autumn semester) or the late November (spring semester) about further steps. You will receive from us an information email with instructions how to book your room and how to pay the booking deposit. If you do not pay until the deadline, the reservation of your room will be cancelled.
In the late July (autumn semester) or the late November (spring semester), you will be informed by e-mail how to book a pre-booked room in the ISKaM booking system (ISKaM guideline) and how to pay the booking deposit. If you do not proceed to both steps within deadline, your room reservation will be cancelled.
In ISKaM booking system, you will:
- choose a residence
- choose a room number
- choose the date of arrival and departure (BINDING)
- sign the accommodation contract electronically
You have to print out the accommodation contract twice and bring it with you.
Within 10 days after arrival, every student is obliged to pay the first month rent plus an accommodation security deposit (cca 2500 CZK = cca 90 EUR - it depends on the halls of residence and room you will stay in). The security deposit + booking deposit will be kept and used as the last month rent.
|BOOKING DEPOSIT||SECURITY DEPOSIT||FIRST MONTH RENT||OTHER RENT MONTHS PAYMENTS|
|before arrival||within 10 days after arrival||within 10 days after arrival||until 10th day of the month|
|cca 1000 CZK||cca 2500 CZK||cca 3500 CZK||cca 3500 CZK|
|through Shopping Centre in IS by payment card||through chosen way of payment (see below)||through chosen way of payment (see below)||through chosen way of payment (see below)|
|BOOKING DEPOSIT + SECURITY DEPOSIT = LAST MONTH RENT|
Other rent month payments must be made until 10th day of the particular month (March rent - needs to be paid by 10th March at the latest), when making a rent payment through cashless transfer, it is necessary to send the payment at least 5 working days before the deadline, so that the money arrives to the MU account on time.
In case of late payment, you will be charged a penalty of 5 CZK for each day of delay.
SUPO is a university system of settling payments for services. To log in into SUPO account, enter your UČO and primary MU password. The aim of the system is to minimize manipulation with cash money, to support cashless forms of payments and to centralize in one common place students' financial means intended for payments for various types of services at Masaryk University.
Check your balance in your SUPO account („SUPO client account" in the left menu and then on the sub-link „MU account balance overview"). After your arrival you have to check the first month rent amount to pay in ISKaM system. After first month this might be possible to check in SUPO account for next months.
How to pay the rent? You just need to have money on your SUPO account; money for the rent will be automatically subtracted.
How to get money to your SUPO account and pay the rent:
- Cash payment through Credit Top-up Machines (see the photo below). You can find these devices at all faculties (except for the Faculty of Informatics) and all halls of residences. It accepts bank notes only.
- Cash payment at the counters of any bank, towards the MU bank account (MU bank account details here).
- Cashless transfer/payment order from your Czech account.
- Cashless transfer/payment order from your home account (when transfering the money from a foreign account, the transfer fee is to be paid by you, otherwise it will be withdrawn from your SUPO or you will have to pay the transfer fee in cash to the accommodation assistant).
After your registration with the International Student Club, you will get the ESN member card (Erasmus Student Network). Please bring it to your accommodation assistant, to get the dormitory identification sticker on the card. If you do not become a member of the ISC, then use your MU student chip card.
You, as an international student staying in the halls of residence, may:
- EXTEND the contract whenever during the semester
- SHORTEN the contract but you have to announce it 2 months before you plan to leave
- TERMINATE* the contract earlier, but you will have to terminate the accommodation contract with advance notice (see bellow).
* "Before expiration of the agreed accommodation period, by delivery of the Accommodated Person’s written notice without giving a reason. The notice period is two months and it starts on the first calendar day of a month following after delivery of the notice to the Accommodation Provider. However, this does not affect the Accommodation Provider’s right to indemnity (including lost profits) due to premature termination of accommodation in accordance with Section 2330 para. 2 CC."
You should follow the instructions of the accommodation department, however, exchange students will be informed about the pre-departure steps in detail by e-mail, when the end of the semester is approaching.
If there is an overpayment on your SUPO account before your departure, ask for the refund at https://inet.muni.cz/app/supo/vraceni (the money will be then return on your Czech bank account). If you do not have a Czech bank account, contact the accommodation assistant and you will be given the amount back in cash (after the checkout procedure with the accommodation assistant if you stay in the halls of residence). In case of high refund in cash (more than 1 000 CZK), please inform your accommodation assistant in advance.